Monday, March 2, 2009

Fat is not a fairytale

As, I've said before, I'm consistently inconsistent. I have to believe that counts for something, right? But I think I have a fairly good excuse(s)... In the past month I have started a new job, moved suddenly, and began classes for my Masters, and came down with the flu. I hate juggling and I have never been good at it. Something has to go, and in this case it was blogging.

But I'm at it again, so I'm not completely hopeless.

So where am I? Well, diet is out the window. As is the exercise. I got sick and never picked it back up. It astounds me how many time I can do this, start then stop, start again, then stop. Maybe the universe it trying to tell me something(Besides that I suck at commitment). Is it possible that I'm just meant to be round? I mean, round is a good shape. The moon and sun are round. The earth is round. Cookies are round. Pizzas are round. All good things. Though I do want to be healthy, I'm about 3/4 ready to just say fuck it and eat my way to happiness. I know that isn't very Oprah or Dr. Phil of me.....But they are trippin if they think salads and nuts are the road to self-fullfillment

On the man front.....still messing around with Corey. Again, another start, then stop, then start again relationship. I complain about the roller coaster ride, but there must be something I like about it. It is a clear pattern in my life. Maybe I just think too much. I don't know how to enjoy the ride.


I am weighing the option of moving back home to Maine lately. I am soooo broke all the time. I'm lonely. And my parents are getting any younger. Sometimes I really have to wonder what is holding me in Orlando? Aside for a few great friends and steady employment, I don't really have much holding me here. Yet I stay? Hmmm. I just think that maybe I could save a little money moving in with my parents. I truly lead the life of a hermit in this city.....why not hermit rent free? I will make up my mind before summer. Living with my Dad may be hell. And I don't know if I can get a job with the economic crisis right now. But I will say, I'm closer to looking into it then I ever thought possible.

Fat Is Not a Fairy Tale
Jane Yolen


I am thinking of a fairy tale,
Cinder Elephant,
Sleeping Tubby,
Snow Weight,
where the princess is not
anorexic, wasp-waisted,
flinging herself down the stairs.

I am thinking of a fairy tale,
Hansel and Great,
Repoundsel,
Bounty and the Beast,
where the beauty
has a pillowed breast,
and fingers plump as sausage.

I am thinking of a fairy tale
that is not yet written,
for a teller not yet born,
for a listener not yet conceived,
for a world not yet won,
where everything round is good:
the sun, wheels, cookies, and the princess.

Lynn's Law: Forget the Fairytale. Eat.

No comments: