Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Perspective

I just got a call from my mother. My older cousin Cindy, the daughter of my God mother, collapsed a few days ago. The tests are inconclusive so we aren't sure why. They did an MRI today and there was no brain activity. The family has to decide to keep her on life support or to take her off. This is such a sad day.

Cindy is the sweetest, caring, one of the most thoughtful people you could ever meet. She married late in life and found a wonderful husband. She has battled diabetes her whole life and still had so much left to give her family and friends. I have the warmest memories of spending time with her and having her around as I was growing up. She could always make me laugh and be proud of being a member of Guerrette family.

Life is so fragile. We are all so vulnerable.

1 comment:

Stellaandthomas said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cindy. It is so humbling to have something like this effect your family. I will keep everyone in my prayers.