Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Progress check

Well, it's been a couple of days since I blogged, so I'm not doing a great job with posting. But consistancy is the key, and that is what I'm shooting for.

I just wanted to write in and talk about how my weigh loss attempt is progressing.

I've been eating pretty well for three days now. Today, I wasn't great, but I was better than I am when I don't pay attention at all. Basically I'm eating a breakfast, watching my fat and processed white intake, and avoiding fried food. I get three checks for the week thus far. My portion control at night could definitely be better. I think I need to increase my calories at breakfast. I'm just not hungry in the morning! I am not one of those people who can eat only when they are hungry....because for most of the day I don't have much of an appetite. Especially if I'm busy. But come night time, I'm ready for carbs, carbs, and more carbs. I have to admit, I do feel like I am doing bettter about spreading my calories out and being more balanced. Three days into it, a lifetime to go.

As for excercise, I got up and moved on Sat, Mon,, and today. I really want to make sure I am excercisng at least 5 to 6 days a week. I'm going have to be better about getting enough sleep so that I'm rested to excercise and finding the time to fit it in. I am worth it. I have a good heart. I want it to stay that way.

All and all. Not a bad start. I really want to focus on being healthy and feeling good. And I feel like I'm doing it. Life is about to get crazy with job, school, moving, etc., etc., so I need to remind myself how important it is to keep focusing on my health. Move over Oprah.

Lynn's Law: practice makes permanence, not perfection.

No comments: